cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last download of packages for managed devices failed

Hello,

I have deploy 2 different FNMS 2021R1 on-premises system with the beacons installed separately with application servers. But one of them got error "Last download of packages for managed devices failed." I've checked the configuration but there is no different.

Here is the installation logs of the 2 beacons.

This beacon is working well. No error on portalThis beacon is working well. No error on portal

This beacon got error "Last download of packages for managed devices failed"This beacon got error "Last download of packages for managed devices failed"

Thank you for your support.

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Logging related to downloading the packages for managed devices appears in the $(TempDirectory)\ManageSoft\packageretriever.log file (where "$(TempDirectory)" is likely to be either C:\Windows\Temp or the temp directory of your service account user if you are not using the SYSTEM account for running services).

Take a look in there on the problematic beacon to see whether it gives any indication of what is going on here.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello @ChrisG 

Here is the log in packageretriever.log

23.png

It relates to a question I've posted before https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/parent-ManageSoftDL-ManageSoftRL/td-p/215078 

An HTTP 500 error suggests that there is something problematic in the configuration of the parent dra*02 server.

You might find more details about the problem through one or both of the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Log on to the dra*02 server, and see what happens when you browse to http://localhost/ManageSoftDL/Packages/.../Flexera%20Inventory%20Beacon%20Upgrade_metapkg.ndc (fill in the missing parts of the URL based on the full URL you see in the log file)
  2. Look in the Application event log for any errors that occur at timestamps matching the errors appearing in the packageretriever.log.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)