cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dhananjayan_ma
Active participant

Last download of packages for managed devices failed. Check the log file on the beacon server.

Hi Team

On all my beacons it shows an error "Last download of packages for managed devices failed. Check the log file on the beacon server."

I have verified the log file in the path but unable to find any error message.

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\BeaconEngine

Please help me how we can solve this error.

Screen shot also attached.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
dhananjayan_ma
Active participant

Re: Last download of packages for managed devices failed. Check the log file on the beacon server.

Attached the error screen shot and beacon engine log files

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera mrichardson
Flexera

Re: Last download of packages for managed devices failed. Check the log file on the beacon server.

For failures related to package downloads, the best log to check is the packageretriever.log; this is usually located in C:\Windows\Temp\Managesoft.

Any errors should appear in there.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
dhananjayan_ma
Active participant

Hi,

found the  below error message:

=========

8016} ERROR: Error (s107m857)
[16/01/2020 8:40:03 PM (U, 0)] {8016} ----------------
[16/01/2020 8:40:03 PM (U, 0)] {8016} The web server or proxy from which ManageSoft
is attempting to retrieve the application
returned the following HTTP error message:

Error 0xE05001F4: 500 Internal Server Error

Contact your network administrator or the
originating site's Webmaster for assistance.

==========

in the log file and attached the same log file.

Please let me know how i can proceed further. i dont have clue to move to next step.

Thanks,

Dhananjayan M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera mrichardson
Flexera

Is this a child beacon i.e. is the server it's downloading from the inventory server or a parent beacon?

Also, I can see that it's downloading 2018 agents so I would also ask what version is the beacon and what version is on the parent server as we've seen issues where the FNMS version is not in sync on older versions.

If none of the above applies, I would recommend opening a support case as it will need a more in depth look at your environment than what we can easily do on the forum.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.