cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Stumbled Across This .... Business Adapter not Totally Updating all Views

Hello Everyone, I just had another "Ah Haw" moment within the FNMS console .. has anyone else experienced this. I have a business adapter that changes the "Device Role" of  inventory devices. The adapter runs just fine and you see the updated Role in the Inventory Device Properties tab just fine, however, when you look at the "All Inventory" and filter on that specific Device Role, the role is not updated in that view.

To resolve this, I go back into the Inventory Device Properties tab and simply click the "Save' button, which then triggers the update in the All Inventory view. 

One thing I will mention is that our nightly reconciliation has not completed as of yet but I don't think that will make a difference. I have seen similar behavior when the location details are not updated when the Host VM has a location but the Child VM's do not inherit that same location, as soon as you do a save in that tab for the Host VM, magically the location is updated for the child Vm's. Perhaps it is a known issue but I have not done a search as of yet.

Thx as Always

Bruce

(1) Solution

Hi Bruce,

I had a similar problem.

I've built a business adapter to assign devices to locations. The import ran without errors and within the device, the correct location is also displayed in "Ownership" tab. However, the information is not updated in the "AllInventory" view.

The problem is that the GRID "Grid_ComputerListModel_PC" behind the AllInventory view is not updated during the import. The information is updated in the ComplianceComputer_MT table, but not in the actual "view table".

As workaround I add a custom query in the adapter which executes the command "exec SyncTable_Grid_ComputersListModel_PC" after the import. This triggers a synchronization of the data and thus updates the view.

I hope, this will help you.

Best

Alex

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi Bruce,

I had a similar problem.

I've built a business adapter to assign devices to locations. The import ran without errors and within the device, the correct location is also displayed in "Ownership" tab. However, the information is not updated in the "AllInventory" view.

The problem is that the GRID "Grid_ComputerListModel_PC" behind the AllInventory view is not updated during the import. The information is updated in the ComplianceComputer_MT table, but not in the actual "view table".

As workaround I add a custom query in the adapter which executes the command "exec SyncTable_Grid_ComputersListModel_PC" after the import. This triggers a synchronization of the data and thus updates the view.

I hope, this will help you.

Best

Alex

Hi Alex, thanks very much for the information and details you provided to work around this scenario we face when using the Business Adapters. I really appreciate it, this is another great example of how forums like this benefit all of us. There is a wealth of information among us  ...  Thx again !!

Bruce