cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Licensing Setup.

In reference to this question I asked earlier:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Oracle-Java-License-Setup-Questions/m-p/192608#M11628

The SKU/PURL libraries were updated and totally messed up everything. When I use the SKUs to set up a license the license includes all Java Freeware versions. So now our entire usage is counted in the license instead of just the licensable version.

Has anyone successfully set up these two licenses? If so, what is the configuration of the licenses? What applications do they include?

Flexera SKUs:
FLX-ORCL-101820 - Oracle Java SE Desktop Subscription - Named User Plus
FLX-ORCL-101819 - Oracle Java SE Subscription - Processor

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
(6) Replies
Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
We are looking into this on priority and working towards fixing the issue. I will keep this post updated.

We are very interested in this topic, since we are looking to test a Java SE license.

Another question: the Notes field in the License Properties - User Rights & Rules tab  indicated that Java SE Desktop Named User Plus has a Named User Minimum of 10? Our review of Oracle's Java Standard Edition Price List and the latest License Definitions and Rules (s://www.oracle.com/a/ocom/docs/license-definition-rules-v031121.pdf) has has failed to find any such Named User Minimum for Java SE Desktop Named User Plus. Please confirm? If a Named User Minimum is specified, please provide page and section header within the linked PDF document.

We have an intermediate SKU/PURL/Bundles released with build # 486. This build is available on PLC 2.0 and customers of FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud will have this update applied by the Recognition Data Import task on Monday, June 7th 2021 in your time zone.

Customers who tried creating a new Oracle Java SE license saw an erroneous entry of Java freeware applications bundled with other correct products. SKU/PURL/Bundles build 486 is published as a fix to revert the impacted Java bundles, where all Java applications classified as freeware has been removed from the bundle. Also, SKUs linked to the applications and bundles have been unlinked for further review.

We will review Java SE bundling structure, existing license properties and content library inter-relation to publish an accurate bundle later.

Based on the ARL changes last month for Java Standard Edition to disclude the free applications, I recreated the license, using SKU# FLX-ORCL-101820. When I did so, however, the license was created with zero (o) applications included. What apps should be included? Was this intentional?

Same thing here - recreated the license, using SKU# FLX-ORCL-101819 , and when I did so, the license was created/ bundled with zero (0) applications includedd.