cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is FNMS or App Portal dependent on Oracle Java?

Hi All,

IS FNMS or App Portal really have dependency on Oracle java.

I heard from one of the support executive from Flexera that the integration between FNMS and App Portal Flexera Gateway is based on Java!

If that is the case do we need to upgrade Java to the latest versions whenever Java releases new version?

Please help.

Thank you,

Srikanth Mallampati

(3) Replies

Hi @sree335 ,

For FNMS and App Portal, the 2 components that have Java involved are the Flexera Gateway as you mention and also our Analytics tool.

In both cases they are pre-bundled with the relevant Java components as part of the installation and so don't require you to manually update Java yourself.

Does this help?

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

What about JRE, it seems Open JDK is available now and our Organisation want to migrate from licensed version to Open JDK. In this case will be there any issue if we uninstall Java from all the on-premise servers? even after uninstalling Java will be there any dependency on it?

If those are independent of the products, it should be fine.  As I mention above, the Java components we use for Gateway and Analytics are shipped as part of those tools and are independent of the JRE and JDKs that you have installed.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.