cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InventoryBeacon.exe has stopped working

bmaudlin
By Level 9 Champion
Level 9 Champion

Hey Guys, I'm hoping someone has experienced this before.

Following an automated upgrade via the WebUI to the beacon software, when trying the run the beacon software I am no longer able to run it and I have the following dialogue window appear > 

2022-07-22_14-25-54.png

In the logs there doesn't seem to be any errors, the services are up and running. So my first thought maybe a file is missing somewhere and to repair the install. However the Flexera beacon software does not appear in add/remove programmes. So obviously there is clearly an issue here.

Has anyone else faced this issue, and how was it resolved?

Ben

👋

(1) Solution

@bmaudlin - I have seen this happen, but very rarely.  It likely means that the auto-upgrade process failed during the middle of the upgrade and you now have a corrupted install of the beacon.

I recommend that you work with a Support Technician, but it is likely that you will need to download the full Beacon Installer from the User Interface and then perform an Uninstall and Reinstall.

The Uninstall process does not delete the Registry Keys so after the Reinstall, the beacon should still be able to communicate with Flexera One.  But in case this process does not work, that is why I recommend you work with a Support Tech.

View solution in original post

(9) Replies

Restart your server & verify in add remove , Also try to find out in event viewer if any thing happened.

Share event log here to help further.

Hello @durgeshsingh  👋,

I have restarted, and the application is still not appearing.

The only error I can find in event viewer related to this activity is this > 

2022-07-22_15-00-26.png

The upgrade process is not finished you need to restart the server and everything will be fine.

All the upgrades from 17 -> 18 version that i have made until now gave me head aches....

@bmaudlin - I have seen this happen, but very rarely.  It likely means that the auto-upgrade process failed during the middle of the upgrade and you now have a corrupted install of the beacon.

I recommend that you work with a Support Technician, but it is likely that you will need to download the full Beacon Installer from the User Interface and then perform an Uninstall and Reinstall.

The Uninstall process does not delete the Registry Keys so after the Reinstall, the beacon should still be able to communicate with Flexera One.  But in case this process does not work, that is why I recommend you work with a Support Tech.

@kclausen - Thanks I had a feeling it may have been a problem with the auto upgrade and would require an uninstall.

Thanks 👍

@bmaudlin - As an initial attempt, you could also try to download the Beacon Install media from the user interface and then just run the Installer on top of the existing beacon to see if you are able to repair the broken install without doing an Uninstall first.

If that does not work, then you can try the full Uninstall / Reinstall.

Hi @kclausen

I wasn't able to reinstall over the top, as the installer kept crashing. 

So I had to perform the full uninstall / reinstall - which has worked as expected.

Ben

I have to update 40 Beacons and until now none updated smoothly all failed at some steps and need my intervention

Hey @OvidiuManta👋

What issues have you encountered in the past?

Ben