cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory gathering failed. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Team,

We have O365 integration with FNMS 2018 r2 done. Since Oct 6th 2019, we are getting below error:

Inventory gathering failed. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Attached is the snip of error which we are receiving.

(5) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Start by downloading and looking at the full import log - it will contain more context and detail about exactly where the error is originating, which may give more insight into what can be done about it.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

I have checked the import log & below is the error which we are receiving. I have also attached the import log.

Failed to execute Reader 'Get Users from Office 365' from file C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\Inventory\Reader\microsoft office 365\User.xml, at step line 1
Error: Object reference not set to an instance

Please suggest how to fix this issue?

Hi,

Seeing that is was working and now it is failing that the 1st xml, are there any other imports running at the same time?

There is only O365 integration running on that time. Other integration have different time.

you will have to verify if there is anything working(in-Progress) on your compliance, this issue I also experienced and had to stop all in-progress tasks that are working on my Compliance DB