cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Failure when using password store

Hi,

I'm using password store to get remote zero-touch inventory execution but task was failed.

anyone who knows the possible evidence to fail? 

one target have 2 different type of failure.

only one credential was saved on password store and filtered by ip address as following.

I would appreciate in advance.

I'm using FNMS2016R2, On-premise. the target inventory is on Unix-like machine.

INVENTORY FAILURE.PNG

Thanks

gotqcorp

(1) Solution

@gotqcorp - For the first server, the inventory failed.  Based on the information in the log, the Windows RPC Connection failed.  Verify that on this target device, the Windows RPC Service is active and running, that Port 135 is not blocked by Windows Firewall, or a proxy in the network.  Also verify that the Logon Account in your Password Store on this device has a Local Security Policy to perform Windows RPC Connection

For the second server, the remote inventory was successful, but the attempt to upload the inventory file back to the Inventory Beacon failed.  Please verify that there are no firewall/proxy servers that would prevent an HTTP/HTTPS PUT from the target device back to the Inventory Beacon.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

@gotqcorp - For the first server, the inventory failed.  Based on the information in the log, the Windows RPC Connection failed.  Verify that on this target device, the Windows RPC Service is active and running, that Port 135 is not blocked by Windows Firewall, or a proxy in the network.  Also verify that the Logon Account in your Password Store on this device has a Local Security Policy to perform Windows RPC Connection

For the second server, the remote inventory was successful, but the attempt to upload the inventory file back to the Inventory Beacon failed.  Please verify that there are no firewall/proxy servers that would prevent an HTTP/HTTPS PUT from the target device back to the Inventory Beacon.