cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Data One-Off Upload - No matches from InstallerEvidence

Hi,

in order to import some SQL Server 2000 evidences I used the one-off-upload page to upload "Computer" and "InstallerEvidence" Inventory Templates.

The Computer sheet just contains the ComputerID and the name. The InstallerEvidence has filled in the columns ComputerID, DisplayName, Version, Publisher, Evidence (Any) and ProductCode.

I then assigned the applications to each uploaded licenses. Even after over-night-update there are no applications to found on those computers.

Appreciate your advice.

(2) Solutions

In the "Computer" template, the ComputerID is only used to determine uniqueness within the Flat File itself.

If you want to match up to existing Inventory Devices within FNMS, you must provide the following fields:

Computer Name

Full Domain Name

Flat Domain Name

Serial Number

View solution in original post

Hi @m2019sam 

Please see my 2 sample files attached - when these are uploaded as a new connection they result in application registering as being installed on my devices.  I did not link my application to a license - we know that bit works and is not part of the upload.  I also chose to use existing system evidence, and not create my own.

I did initially make the mistake of using a newer template which gave errors - perhaps you have a similar error.

Regards

View solution in original post

(9) Replies

@Maria.

1. Be sure your computer ID's in both the upload files match

2. From your statements you have not linked the evidence to an application, but you have linked the application to a license - is the evidence you have added unique or existing?

Regards

Hi Nico,
1. the IDs match.
2. sorry, I actually meant that i linked the evidences to an existing application.
Btw, the connection appears as disabled

In the "Computer" template, the ComputerID is only used to determine uniqueness within the Flat File itself.

If you want to match up to existing Inventory Devices within FNMS, you must provide the following fields:

Computer Name

Full Domain Name

Flat Domain Name

Serial Number

Hi @m2019sam 

Please see my 2 sample files attached - when these are uploaded as a new connection they result in application registering as being installed on my devices.  I did not link my application to a license - we know that bit works and is not part of the upload.  I also chose to use existing system evidence, and not create my own.

I did initially make the mistake of using a newer template which gave errors - perhaps you have a similar error.

Regards

Additional note from the system reference guide:

Scheduling regular imports of inventory spreadsheets is not supported through the web interface: it is a one-time connection. Once data from this connection is processed, the connection is disabled (and cannot be re-enabled). Inventory from this connection ages, and eventually appears in the Out-Of-Date Inventory list. To clear the stale data, delete the connection: everything imported (only) from that connection is then removed from the operations databases. (In contrast, you can arrange regularly scheduled spreadsheet imports through an inventory beacon, as described in Setting Up Scheduled Imports of Inventory from Spreadsheets.)

It is working perfectly now. Thanks a lot.
Jellou
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran
In addition to the above response, also check under License Compliance > Discovered Evidence whether the installer evidence shows up here and whether Assigned value is Yes and Matches value is > 0
The evidence does not show up there. What does it mean?