cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Adapter Source Connection Error

Hi,

Whenever I attempt to create a "Create Other Source Connection" with Source Type Spreadsheet and Connection String "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\....\Computer.xlsx;ExtendedProperties='Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES';  I get the error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

at ManageSoft.Compliance.Database.API.SpreadsheetConnectionHelper.GetSpreadsheetType(String connectionString)

at Flexera.Beacon.Common.BeaconConfigDataLayer.SaveConfigurations(RemoteConfiguration p_RemoteConfig)

at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.InventoryAdapterStudio.Helpers.AdapterStudioDatalayerRemote.SaveConnection(ComplianceConnection newConnection)

at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.InventoryAdapterStudio.UI.DialogSaveOtherConnection.m_SaveButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

However, the Test Connection succeeds when I run it. I just can't save the Source Connection. Any thoughts?

(2) Replies

HI @tpuntney ,

Did you resolve this one?  If not, can you confirm whether the connection name or connection string is used by any other connections?

The error is similar to another I've seen where if the details in the connection match those used by another one, a similar error occurs

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

Also, thinking further on this, as ACE12.0 is referenced in the connection string, I believe this relates to the Office 2010 OLE DB Provider drivers, for the Adapter Studio this needs to be the 32 bit version.

As far as I recall, you can use any version (even the latest) but it does need to be the 32 bit version so may be worth checking that those are installed or if you're not sure, trying installing the 32 bit version of the driver and then update the connection string as appropriate for the driver version and see if that helps.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.