cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Analytics on FNMS 2019R2

Hi All,

I am going to Install Cognos Analytics first time and our FNMS is 2019R2.
The Content Store DB was created when when FNMS was 2018R1 but it never Upgrade throughout our Flexera Upgrade journey (2018R1 to 2019R2).

During these FNMS upgrade I only upgraded the schemas for IM, compliance, DataWarehouse DBs only which was the part of your upgrade process. Can I simply go and install analytics or do I have to upgrade the ContentStore DB first and then go on for analytics install.

Thanks,
Sushant

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You don't need to take any explicit steps in relation to the content store database to upgrade it from one version to the next: Cognos handles any changes required to that database schema automatically under the hood.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You don't need to take any explicit steps in relation to the content store database to upgrade it from one version to the next: Cognos handles any changes required to that database schema automatically under the hood.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)