cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Installer evidence: Inventory date

Reading help text to Installer evidence paragraph Inventory date it says that 

"The most recent date this evidence was detected on this inventory device"

My question is: Is the software still installed on the machine then? My concern is that we have a software that shows up as an application in the Applications tab, but when we ask persons or IT to locate the software the cannot detect it. The "Inventory date" is about 6 month old

Is the software still installed? If so why can't we find it

Is the software not there anymore? Why do we still have a row in the "Applications " tab describing the software

(4) Replies

Based on the inventory date, the information that you are seeing in FlexNet Manager is 6 months old.  If the product was uninstalled since that time, that will not be reflected in FlexNet Manager.

What is the Inventory Source for this device?  You would need to investigate this and determine why new/updated inventory is not being received from that source into FlexNet Manager.

Hi @KMaria ,

Have you seen this thread as we recently added functionality to FNMS called the evidence tab to help you easily answer questions like this.

For example, if the device is inventoried by multiple sources, you can see what source it is and what the inventory date is, so if the date is 6 months old, you'll know which data source is responsible.

FNMS will "trust" the data sources, so if say SCCM says evidence is on the device, FNMS will trust this and show the application as installed so to clear this, you need to ensure that SCCM is corrected and FNMS will then update at the next import.

Likewise, if you previously imported from these sources and then stopped, there is no "aging" of inventory data so the last import is what is taken into account until you update the inventory (or delete the record).

Hope this helps.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.
i did delete the record but it is still there when new import is made. There are some installer evidence on the device with Inventory date May 2019 and some installer evidence with Inventory date Yesterday. My thinking was that these Installer evidences from May would disappear when deleting the inventory device and reimporting it?

Hi @KMaria,

It all depends on the data source, if the evidence from May is from SCCM for example, deleting the device won't help as when you remove it in FNMS, you're only deleting the record FNMS has created; going back to my previous comment, FNMS trusts the data source and we don't delete from SCCM.

This means that when you next run an import, FNMS will then re-add the data from SCCM as it is which includes any old data.

If the data source is FNMS, then deleting the record in FNMS is expected to remove the record from the inventory database as well which should remove old data.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.