Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install count keep changing automatically with out reconciliation/imports

ImIronMan
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hello,

We have observed that for most of installed applications the "installed" count and "devices" in Application properties page are keep changing automatically, even with out any import or reconciliation.

We saw the counts as "0" for many apps, but after few seconds/minutes... the count reappered automatically.

Another observation is that  - while the application count is keep changing from 0 to different values, the license consumption not being changed though.

Attached screenshot as an example. Can some please suggest fix urgently as the complete report is misleading

Regards

Rajesh Ponnala

(2) Replies
tivens
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran
Hi Rajesh

Do you have an Asset adapter being used in your environment and if so are these inventory devices linked to assets and being set with an Asset status of In Storage?

As an example – if an Asset is linked to an inventory device and the asset is set to ‘In Storage’ this results in the applications reported on that inventory device to be removed (as at the time the status change is saved). But, the license consumption reported in the UI would not change until the next reconciliation.

Thanks
Toby
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

From the screenshots it looks like an import could currently be running. I could imagine that you observed a state where consumption was reset, in order to be recalculated during compliance import/license reconcile.

Best regards,

Markward