Level 5

Initial Reconcile for AD User Sync shows "Never Commenced"

I'm doing an initial install and configuration of  FNMS 2020 R1 and have two beacons installed, and showing as Connected and Operating Normally.  I do see data showing every now and again in the Total to upload, including some AD info.

Following the Installing FNMS 2020 R1 guide, on page 81, it has me set up an Import data from Active directory on an inventory beacon.  I ran the Execute now, and then I go to License Compliance > Reconcile, and select the Update inventory for reconciliation, and click reconcile.

I get the Reconcile pending message.  And then after a few mins, it looks like the job has run, but the Status still shows "Never commenced".

If I unclick the Reconcile all publishers, and try to find a "publisher" Nothing appears there.

I'm just trying to get the Users to show up so I can create additional users.


0 Kudos
7 Replies

Hi Captkras,

The status might not be showing correctly when another process is running.
There is a delay between the task being executed and the file being transferred to the application server.

If the users are still not showing up, can you check the log below and see if there are any errors?
C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\ActiveDirectoryImport\ADImport.log

The publishers not showing up might be due to ARL not being downloaded yet if the environment is new.

0 Kudos

This is the log file (removing actual domain name info):


2020-07-02 10:21:57,502 [irectoryImport.Program] [INFO ] Looking up connection name: Current domain
2020-07-02 10:21:57,518 [irectoryImport.Program] [INFO ] The config file path is C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\config.xml.
2020-07-02 10:21:57,581 [irectoryImport.Program] [INFO ] Active directory "Current domain" found in config.
2020-07-02 10:21:57,643 [oryImport.LdapSearcher] [INFO ] Binding to <FULL DOMAIN NAME>
2020-07-02 10:21:57,659 [irectoryImportLauncher] [INFO ] Created output file C:\Windows\TEMP\38fcd018858b4d87bc737ff7efd76889_20200702102157581.actdir.gz
2020-07-02 10:21:57,659 [irectoryImportLauncher] [INFO ] Begin execution of import for the following Connection:
2020-07-02 10:21:57,659 [irectoryImportLauncher] [INFO ] Connection Name="Current domain", Server="", Username="".
2020-07-02 10:21:57,659 [irectoryImportLauncher] [INFO ] Using LDAP to retrieve Active Directory data
2020-07-02 10:21:57,659 [rt.DomainDetailsImport] [INFO ] Found default naming context DC=<DOMAIN>,DC=<COMPANY>,DC=local
2020-07-02 10:21:57,659 [rt.DomainDetailsImport] [INFO ] Found configuration naming context CN=Configuration,DC=<DOMAIN>,DC=<COMPANY>,DC=local
2020-07-02 10:21:57,659 [rt.DomainDetailsImport] [INFO ] Importing domain details for DC=<DOMAIN>,DC=<COMPANY>,DC=local
2020-07-02 10:21:57,674 [rt.DomainDetailsImport] [INFO ] Importing organizational units, users and computers.
2020-07-02 10:21:57,909 [rt.DomainDetailsImport] [INFO ] Importing groups and member information.
2020-07-02 10:21:58,159 [rt.DomainDetailsImport] [INFO ] Importing sites and subnets.
2020-07-02 10:21:58,174 [irectoryImportLauncher] [INFO ] Moved output file 38fcd018858b4d87bc737ff7efd76889_20200702102157581.actdir.gz to C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\ActiveDirectory\<FULL DOMAIN NAME>_38fcd018858b4d87bc737ff7efd76889_20200702102157581.actdir.gz.
2020-07-02 10:21:58,174 [irectoryImport.Program] [INFO ] Import completed successfully.

0 Kudos

@NameTooShortSo by the logs, it looks like FNMS things it imported it correctly, but nothing is showing...  (See log above)

0 Kudos

Hi @captkras,

Can you run the query below on the compliance database and see if there are any users there?
If there are, check if the ComplianceUserID column is populated or if the isBlacklisted column has a value of 1.

select * from ImportedUser

If there are no users, can you check if the directory below on the application and beacon server has any files?
C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\ActiveDirectory

0 Kudos

There is nothing in that DB Table.

On the App/Beacon Server (its all in one), I see a BadLogs Dir, with a failure subdir, and two gz files in it.  I opened one of the gz files, and it has an "ACTDIR file"  Opening it with NotePad++ I see all sorts of AD info in there.  No evidence of errors though.

0 Kudos

@NameTooShortSee answer above. 

0 Kudos

Hi @captkras ,

Put the files back in C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\ActiveDirectory.
Trigger the "Import Active Directory" Windows Scheduler task.
Look in the last entries in the log below should tell you what is the issue preventing the import.

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\WebResolvers\Dispatcher.log

0 Kudos