cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoSphere Datastage for Non-Production Environment - PVU Incorrectly consuming licenses

Hi Team,

As per my understanding, the license consumption for InfoSphere Datastage should be in the multiples of 10 and in the screenshot we see that one of the VM hosts consumes 2 &  another 1. Please help me understand why this is happening or do we have to do anything manually to reflect correct consumption.

Thanks,

Chintu Basil

(5) Replies
Jellou
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran
Point consumption in a PVU license is based on the point rule set specified in the Identification tab of the license. In this case, the most likely scenario is that the point rule set being used either:
a) has no rules that cover the processor type/configuration for these two VM hosts
b) has a rule that covers these processors with the point value of 1.0 and 2.0 respectively.

From the identification tab, you should be able to drill down to the point rule set being used and cross reference the two VM hosts against the rules in the points rules tab .
tivens
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran
Hi Chintu

Please can you confirm in the Identification tab of the license that the Flexera provided PVU points rule set is applied.

Can you also please provide a screenshot of the consumption tab but with the Core and Overridden Consumption column added?

Thanks
Toby
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

Hello,

Please find the screenshots attached,

Thanks,

Chintu Basil

Based on your screen shot, either you (or someone else) has manually entered a value into the "Overridden Consumption" field for these VMs, and this matches the final consumption calculated by FNMS.

Change the Consumption Override for these allocated VMs to a value of 0 and then perform another Reconciliation and FNMS should re-calculate consumption based on the PVU table.