cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Inventory date

One of the devices is showing up the last inventory date as 1/1/2038. The last inventory source is FNMS. 

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The reported inventory date reflects the date as it is set on the client computer. So I suspect you will find that the client on this particular computer was at some point in the past (and possibly still is) set to a date in 2038.

It can be a little tedious to recover from that: even if the date on the computer is set back to an earlier time after it was previously set to 2038, FlexNet Manager Suite will compare the date on inventory data that is subsequently received and see that it is older than then 2038 date and so discard it. I think you may be able to get past this by deleting the inventory device and discovery device record for the computer in the UI, and allowing it to be re-created by the next inventory import. Be aware that you will lose history and allocations associated with the device when you do this.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The reported inventory date reflects the date as it is set on the client computer. So I suspect you will find that the client on this particular computer was at some point in the past (and possibly still is) set to a date in 2038.

It can be a little tedious to recover from that: even if the date on the computer is set back to an earlier time after it was previously set to 2038, FlexNet Manager Suite will compare the date on inventory data that is subsequently received and see that it is older than then 2038 date and so discard it. I think you may be able to get past this by deleting the inventory device and discovery device record for the computer in the UI, and allowing it to be re-created by the next inventory import. Be aware that you will lose history and allocations associated with the device when you do this.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)