cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import inventory devices more than once a day

Dear community,

We are on a FNMS Saas instance and working at the moment on a FNMS inventory agents rollout on our worldwidely deployed servers. We need in this temporary situation an inventory refresh more than once a day, in order to be able to quickly handle tricky situations and to be sure a server are correctly inventoried.

Do you know if there is a way to schedule the "FlexNet Manager Suite" task and more precisely the "Import inventory devices" step to suites our needs (two times a day) ?
The only method I know is to launch a reconcile task with the "Update inventory for reconciliation" option checked, but unfortunately it is a manual step.

Thanks in advance for your help.

(1) Solution
@kclausen,
Thanks for this quick reply. I will do this way and will change the setting time from 6 AM to 11PM as there is no other option to have a fresh inventory.
Regards

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@Run4Fun - The inventory import automated schedule is limited to 1 time per day for FNMS Cloud, other than the manual launch as you have called out.

What time of day is your inventory schedule set to?

You may want to consider setting the time to late at night, such at 10 or 11PM.  That way, inventory will run and be uploaded near the end of the day.  The nightly reconcile/inventory import will run overnight and you will see the new inventory the next morning.

@kclausen,
Thanks for this quick reply. I will do this way and will change the setting time from 6 AM to 11PM as there is no other option to have a fresh inventory.
Regards