cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import ARL files manually

After trying to import manually ARL file I am getting this message from mgsImportRecognition.log (attach to message)

I verified and there is no task hanging in the background to kill. 

[ERROR] Could not import C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\.temp-extract

(1) Solution

@JeanRM - Please insure that SQL Server Client Tools and SQL Server Command Line Tools are installed on this server.  They are required for the ARL Import to work, as the FNMS import utility calls the SQLCMD utility.

View solution in original post

(9) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This error indicates that the process to update the ARL content failed. You may find a more specific error from that process itself which will help you to understand what has gone on here if you look in the recognition.log file instead of the mgsImportRecognition.log file.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I don't understand I keep receiving the message 'Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified'  but they are in the good directory. I deleted them as suggested by didiercottereau . Would it be a rights problem? But I use the service account. I even copy the SQL files on the SQL Server itself .

The "system cannot find the file specified" error indicates that sqlcmd.exe cannot be found in the %PATH% of the user account that the process is running as.

Is sqlcmd.exe available on this server? One test you could do to verify is open a cmd shell window and attempt to run it.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@JeanRM - Please insure that SQL Server Client Tools and SQL Server Command Line Tools are installed on this server.  They are required for the ARL Import to work, as the FNMS import utility calls the SQLCMD utility.

hello 

Look at your directory  C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\.temp-extract

before i had the same problem because the old files was not deleted before the extract.

so I write a cmd program to clean all directories

Thank you, best regards.
Didier Cottereau
Credit Agricole SA

You must open the cmd prompt with run as administrator to delete files

Thank you, best regards.
Didier Cottereau
Credit Agricole SA

Hi Champs,

I am also facing issue with ARL and PURL import. I tried manual and online both, failed. Can you please check the logs and help me with this.

Kind Regards,

FL

Thanks & Regards,
Fawad Laiq

The recognition.log file shows that the SQL Server tool sqlcmd.exe is not installed or in your system path:

System.Exception: Error running command: sqlcmd.exe -S ServerName -d FNMSCompliance -b  -i "C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\.temp-extract\ARLCreateTables205.sql"  -E ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

Hi Champs,

Thanks for the insight. I had to manually update the path for "sqlcmd.exe" in System Variables to fix it. Worked after that. 

Thanks & Regards,
Fawad Laiq