Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILMT Integration behaviour - number of assets in ILMT differ to FNMS

bmaudlin
By Level 9 Champion
Level 9 Champion

Hey Guys,

In a couple of markets, where we have integrated the ILMT data feed we're seeing a discrepancy in the number of devices being returned. 

So for example: ILMT is showing 1000 devices, and the Flexera import data is showing 1500 devices. When importing these devices, all 1500 are returned in FNMS. As expected the additional 500 devices are from decommed devices that have been removed from ILMT over a number of years.

Is this the expected behaviour? 

As trawling the IBM help text does allude to data being retained and a device history returning if the device is reactivated after being removed from the BigFix/ILMT console https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSQL82_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.doc/Platform/Console/c_removing_computers.html

Ben 

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This observation about how FNMS behaves sounds accurate. IBM PVU license consumption is based on a peak of consumption across a set of devices calculated at some point in the past. To support this calculation, FNMS imports details of old (and possibly no longer active) devices from ILMT.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This observation about how FNMS behaves sounds accurate. IBM PVU license consumption is based on a peak of consumption across a set of devices calculated at some point in the past. To support this calculation, FNMS imports details of old (and possibly no longer active) devices from ILMT.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)