Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

IBM Peek Consumption

ImIronMan
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hello Experts,

How can we find in FNMS - what has triggered the "peek consumed" field to get updated ? Is there a way to find which machine at which particular time and how many peek cores utilized or any other useful information that we can know to prove our peek consumption field is updating correctly

Regards

Rajesh Ponnala

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

There were some significant improvements in the FlexNet 2019 R1 release to add support for tracking this kind of detail. Check out the Using FlexNet Manager Suite to replace ILMT topic for full details, which includes:

"You'll also like the revamped IBM PVU License Consumption report. As well as archiving standard reports for review by IBM, you can now customize the report for your own special investigations:

[...]

• Identify not only the guest VMs contributing to peak values, but also their hosts; as well as the PVU-licensed software on those devices"

Previous FlexNet releases did not report on details of which computers contributed to a historical peak consumption figure.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

There were some significant improvements in the FlexNet 2019 R1 release to add support for tracking this kind of detail. Check out the Using FlexNet Manager Suite to replace ILMT topic for full details, which includes:

"You'll also like the revamped IBM PVU License Consumption report. As well as archiving standard reports for review by IBM, you can now customize the report for your own special investigations:

[...]

• Identify not only the guest VMs contributing to peak values, but also their hosts; as well as the PVU-licensed software on those devices"

Previous FlexNet releases did not report on details of which computers contributed to a historical peak consumption figure.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris, for your response !!

One of the changes in the 2019 R1 release is the revamped IBM PVU License Consumption report - it should provide you with the information you are looking for.