cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM MQ Advanced bundling

Can anyone advise on how they've created the bundle for MQ Advanced?

Since MQ Advanced is now the license that covers installs of Advanced Message Security, Managed File Transfer Service, Telemetry and MQ (meaning you can't purchase a Mgd FTS license), how do you set up what the primary product needs to be for consumption?  I don't believe MQ Server is the primary product, but would the others all be primary?

(1) Solution
tivens
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi @JenMaier 

I would suggest you would want to reflect all of the apps you note including the MQ Server as Primary (as an install of MQ Server would still consume this license) - then whenever any of the identified apps are found installed, they will consume the license. Where more than one app is identified on the same device then under PVU metric they will only consume once.

Importantly if you have legacy or other separate entitlement to MQ (non-Advanced) you would need to ensure the devices intended to be licensed by either the MQ Advanced or legacy Advanced component entitlement / separate MQ Server entitlement are allocated to the relevant license.

I will have a discussion with our Content team as it may be the case we need to update our Bundle for this.

Thanks

Toby

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
tivens
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi @JenMaier 

I would suggest you would want to reflect all of the apps you note including the MQ Server as Primary (as an install of MQ Server would still consume this license) - then whenever any of the identified apps are found installed, they will consume the license. Where more than one app is identified on the same device then under PVU metric they will only consume once.

Importantly if you have legacy or other separate entitlement to MQ (non-Advanced) you would need to ensure the devices intended to be licensed by either the MQ Advanced or legacy Advanced component entitlement / separate MQ Server entitlement are allocated to the relevant license.

I will have a discussion with our Content team as it may be the case we need to update our Bundle for this.

Thanks

Toby

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

@JenMaier  - Apologies, As a slight update to my response above please leave MQ Telemetry and MQ Managed File Transfer Agent as Supplementary as per the below;

The IBM LID for MQ Advanced v9.1 confirms - https://www-03.ibm.com/software/sla/sladb.nsf/lilookup/82CD8E077B27BAF48525853D006B519E?OpenDocument

"When determining the number of entitlements required for Licensee's installation or use of the Program, the installation or use of the following Program components are not taken into consideration. In other words, Licensee may install and use the following Program components, under the license terms, but these components are not used to determine the number of entitlements required for the Program.

IBM MQ Managed File Transfer Agent V9.1
IBM MQ Telemetry V9.1"

Thanks! I do have it set up with those as supplementary, so I'm all good there. Thank you for the follow up.

Jennifer Maier
Software Licensing and Compliance Lead
IT Asset Management Program Office | FIS
T: 414.577.9031
C: 414.841.3769

ATTENTION: Please send general software pricing or usage requests to software.asset.management@fisglobal.com

"The difference between doing something and not doing something is doing something"

[cid:image003.png@01D644A7.3818E0B0]
(c)2019 Fortune Media IP Limited. Used under license.

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.