cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IATrack - loading .ndi data onto inventory

Hi All,

We're trying to load the .ndi output of IATrack onto a FNMS test instance and have been getting errors when running 'mgsImport -t inventories' . 

michael_larin_0-1596768120917.png

I then changed my account's db permission and the 'Execute Permission Denied' was gone but the 'Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object' is still noted on the next attempt:

michael_larin_1-1596768240507.png

Please note that this test instance is a multi-tenanted FNMS environment so I'd like to ask if any of you encountered the same error and is it because it's multi-tenant? Also, is there a mgsImport command that you can specify to which tenant the .ndi file will be for? 

I have emailed the licensingiat@flexerasoftware.com and unfortunately is no longer active.

Thanks!

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

IATrack is a research tool used by Flexera, and in general you should be using it under the direction from somebody from the Flexera team. The Flexera contact who has asked you to use it would be best place to go for any questions you have about the tool.

With that said, I suspect your challenges here are not directly related to IATrack and are more related to how to process inventories in a multi-tenant environment. To get a arbitrary NDI file imported for a particular tenant, the normal approach would be to place the NDI file in the C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Warehouse\Incoming\Inventories directory on a beacon for that tenant. The beacon will upload the file in due course in a way that appropriately identifies the tenant so the data can be stored against that tenant in the inventory database.

I'm not entirely sure about this, but you may also be able to get mgsimport.exe on your batch server to import the NDI against the correct tenant by renaming the NDI file to have a prefix of "[YourTenantID]_" in its name - for example, "[8CKLVFCVLF3J9CM5]_siebel_20200806155815522.ndi".

I'm not sure whether this will be the actual cause of the "Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object" message, but it will certainly be a step in the right direction.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)