cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know the workflow for Inventory data coming from FNMS agent as well as other Agents like SCCM into FNMS

Hi Team,

I would like to know the workflow for Inventory data coming from FNMS agent as well as other Agents like SCCM into FNMS.

Detailed workflow like starting from inventory device how does it travel to FNMS Compliance DB through beacon and then through Inventory server and then through FNMSInventory DB and finally into FNMSCompliance DB. and all the related jobs for this workflow. Similarly for sources like SCCM, ADDM and others etc.

Regards,

Srikanth Mallampati.

(3) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Srikanth,

This is not completely correct as usually Inventory DB and Compliacne DB would reside on teh same DB server. But for the sake of the Reader-Writer-Concept, I drew it like this. I had this lying around, doe sit help?

Reader Writer Concept v2.png

Best regards,

Markward

Isn't the Beacon server involved in this picture between Agents and Inventory Manager and again what do you mean by Inventory Manager is it FNMSInventory DB? Also the batch jobs responsible for all these activities would also clear the air!

Correct, the Beacon is involved. The installation documentation has an architecture diagram on page 11. I mean the Inventory server, names have changed over the years. Adding batch jobs would have made the diagram too complex, my intention was to show where different sources came together. I guess you'll have to draw your own picture.