Highlighted
Frequent contributor

Re: I couldn't decide the number of licenses in use by processor matric.

Tx.

In the DBEE license show the cores, the processors and the host Acct1 with its instances - you can redact in your snipping tool as we do not need the instance details
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

@gotqcorp - Can you also include a screen shot of your Oracle Processor license Consumption tab for this server?  Does it show it as a partition of a Solaris Host?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intrepid explorer

I'm attaching.

Regards,
gotqcorp.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent contributor

HI @gotqcorp , I believe your question is answered in my first reply:

---

From the provided files I see each server as a Sun Fire V490 Server with 4 processors.

So the real question is:  What is the core factor for these servers?

I read them as UltraSPARC IV processors, which have a 0.75 core factor.

4*0.75 = 3 Oracle processors required for each server.

Check that with the Oracle core factor table.

What is FNMS calculating?

---

I see that FNMS is calculating 3 Oracle processors per device. QED.  Not sure what else you are trying to figure out.  The reason you have FNMS is so that you do not need to know the details for each hardware type and work out the consumption manually.

Regards,

Nico

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intrepid explorer

Hi Nico, thank you for your replying.
Yes you're right but I wonder the CPU Ultrasparc IV have 2 physical cores per processor. That means the total number of physical core must be 8 for each server but FNMS is showing just 4 and therefore, the consuming number of processors are 3 based on core factor 0.75.

I would like to know this CPU have to be counted as 2 core per processor and the total number of processor for each server must be 8 processors(cores).

Am I correct?

Regards,
gotqcorp.
0 Kudos