cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take care of additional consumption?

Hello Does someone have a hint on how to include additional consumption which can't be automatically counted e.g. out of a non-standard or affiliate environment? Example: 1000 perpetual licenses 820 are (automatically) captured and listed under consumption 80 licenses are manually reported to be consumed by an affiliate company Is there a way to do it without a license split (no additional line item in All Licenses)? Thanks
(4) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Markus,

I tested a Business Import to allocate a device to a device license with "NumberAllocated" = 10.

2019-05-24_16h10_49.png

Then after a Reconcile the device consumes 10 entitlements.

2019-05-24_16h11_51.png

Things to consider:

• This approach might not work with all license types.
  • This might also not work in all FNMS releases, I tested on 2017 R3.
  • It is by no means supported by Flexera.
  • It is not available via WebUI, you'll need the Business Import to set the values.

Best regards,

Markward

tivens
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran
Is there a specific license metric/type that you wish to apply this for or is this a more general question?

An option (if relevant for your metric requirements) could be to use an IBM Authorized User license type. The license type counts user installations like a 'User' license, but the IBM Authorized User license type also offers the option to add additional bulk (normal) user counts on the Consumption tab of the license.
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

Hello Mark

If automatic inventory can't bring calculate the additional consumption for you , then a manual process is needed. Most common solution is use business adapter to assign allocation (lic -> device or lic -> User) based on your report list (raw data list of consumption like document)

HTH

Cheers

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
Thank you all for your thoughts and ideas. We will have a closer look if a Business Adapter could do the job an add such counts to typical license models from Microsoft and other Vendors. Regards