cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run setup.exe to install agent for windows server without human interaction?

Hi all,

I would like to know how to run setup.exe to install inventory agent for windows server without any human interaction?

It would be appreciate it in advance.

Regards,

gotqcorp

(1) Solution

if you explicitly want to use setup.exe, i hope below command will work for you..

start /wait setup.exe /W /S /v"/qn ALLUSERS=1"

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Easiest way to install in silent mode is to use the switches for MSIexec, deploy by GPO

msiexec /i “FlexNet Inventory Agent.msi” /qn

you can find various deployment options in the manual
https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2019R2/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/GatheringFlexNetInventory.pdf

You must also make sure that you uncomment the following line in the MGSSETUP.INI file be removing the semi-colon.

;POLICYARGS = -o InstallDefaultSchedule=True -o UILevel=Quiet -o PostponeUserInteractionLevel=Quiet -o PostponeByDefault=False

For some reason the MGSSETUP.INI has that line commented out and its not working, we also had to go with the command line.

if you explicitly want to use setup.exe, i hope below command will work for you..

start /wait setup.exe /W /S /v"/qn ALLUSERS=1"

See the following post for discussion on a more advanced (ie. more powerful, but more complicated) approach to automatic  agent deployment/configuration: FNMS Inventory Agent Deployment

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)