cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove specific custom computer properties and its column from FNMS WebUI

Hi,

Can someone help with the steps to remove specific custom computer properties and its columns from the FNMS webUi and a way to list all custom properties created?

Thanks

Dev 

(1) Solution

Hello @Devarajan,

The section 'Removing a Custom Property' in the attached documentation should be of some use to you (assuming version 2019 R2). The required procedure differs depending upon what you are trying to delete, in increasing order of specificity:

1) Removing a tab
2) Removing a section
3) Removing a specific property

I don't believe that there's any way to view all created custom properties in the Web UI, as custom properties can be created for various types of objects in FNMS.

Again, assuming that you are On-Premises, running SELECTs against the following tables in the Compliance DB will give you an overall picture of the custom properties defined in your environment:

AssetTypeProperty (for Asset objects)
ComplianceComputerTypeProperty (for Inventory Device objects)
ComplianceUserTypeProperty (for User objects)
ContractProperty (for Contract objects)
InstanceTypeProperty (for Instance objects)
PurchaseOrderProperty (for Purchase Order objects)
VendorProperty (for Vendor objects)
SoftwareLicenseTypeProperty (for License objects)
SoftwareTitleProperty (for Application objects)

HTH,
Joseph

If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hello @Devarajan,

The section 'Removing a Custom Property' in the attached documentation should be of some use to you (assuming version 2019 R2). The required procedure differs depending upon what you are trying to delete, in increasing order of specificity:

1) Removing a tab
2) Removing a section
3) Removing a specific property

I don't believe that there's any way to view all created custom properties in the Web UI, as custom properties can be created for various types of objects in FNMS.

Again, assuming that you are On-Premises, running SELECTs against the following tables in the Compliance DB will give you an overall picture of the custom properties defined in your environment:

AssetTypeProperty (for Asset objects)
ComplianceComputerTypeProperty (for Inventory Device objects)
ComplianceUserTypeProperty (for User objects)
ContractProperty (for Contract objects)
InstanceTypeProperty (for Instance objects)
PurchaseOrderProperty (for Purchase Order objects)
VendorProperty (for Vendor objects)
SoftwareLicenseTypeProperty (for License objects)
SoftwareTitleProperty (for Application objects)

HTH,
Joseph

If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!
Thanks @jjensen for the information it was helpful.