cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import csv/excel to change of application status (it this option in business importer)?

Hello all,

We want to automate a monthly process of checking the status of an application, put all of them in an csv file or excel and then import them with business importer.

Issue is we don't see the option in business importer.

- Is the option available to change the status of an application in business importer?

- Any other options to perform this?

Regards, Frank

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately there is no data model exposed through business adapters for manipulating application details.

You would need to do this using direct manipulation of data in the database (assuming you're using FlexNet Manager Suite, not Flexera One ITAM). The status of each application is recorded in the SoftwareTitle.SoftwareActionID column. This ID is a reference to one of the ID values from the SoftwareTitleAction view which contains a list of all possible statuses (aka "actions").

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately there is no data model exposed through business adapters for manipulating application details.

You would need to do this using direct manipulation of data in the database (assuming you're using FlexNet Manager Suite, not Flexera One ITAM). The status of each application is recorded in the SoftwareTitle.SoftwareActionID column. This ID is a reference to one of the ID values from the SoftwareTitleAction view which contains a list of all possible statuses (aka "actions").

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)