cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out full details of an importer in FNMS ?

ImIronMan
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi Team,

We have updated corporate units of few devices using business adapter. Initially, it got properly updated, but after couple of hours, the corporate unit value has been "cleared". When we checked the history tab of the inventory device, it shows operator is flexera service account and it updated the value to "none". Please see the screenshot attached

Could you please help to identify exactly which import is updating the corporate unit value.

We currently have AD, SCCM, Citrix and VM - default integrations only. Nothing else. 

Note: At that time, there was no reconciliation running and also this auto-update happening every time after 2 hours, once the manual import is run

#FNMS

#Businessadapterstudio

#service account

#SQLDBQuery

(1) Solution

Hi Rajesh,

One additional idea and one more FNMS System Setting to check, please:

Under Inventory, you find a setting "Synchronize device location with site subnets".

As described in the online help, this setting is designed to help with the initial setup of locations. It might be that this is interfering with the assignment of Inventories to locations that you do using a Business Adapter.

As usual, give my best regards to your wife and daughter (and to all girl friends), please :-).

View solution in original post

(9) Replies

@ImIronMan  - There are no productized adapters or connections that update enterprise groups.  

You mentioned that you have updated some Corporate Units for some inventory devices.  Have you also updated Corporate Units assigned to End Users?  If not, that may be a potential issue.

Within FNMS, go to the Admin Menu, then System Settings, and then go to the Inventory tab.  Look for a setting named "Synchronize Enterprise Groups in user and device properties".  Is this selected?

If yes, then what may be happening is that you have assigned a Business Unit to an inventory device and the User linked to that inventory device has a blank Corporate Unit.  When an update is made to that User (such as from Active Directory), then this System Setting will kick in and blank out the Corporate Unit on the inventory device that user is linked to.

If you plan on assigning Corporate Units to Inventory Devices, but not to Users, then I suggest that you turn off this System Setting.

@kclausen 

Hi,

We are not using any assets and also we checked the system settings. None of these are enabled.

So there any other way to find out from which source these are being updated from the database ?

Hi Rajesh,

As the Inventory in the screenshot that you sent is from a virtual machine (VM), there is an additional system settings in FNMS that you may want to check:

System Settings > Inventory > Virtual Machines > Update virtual machine cost center and corporate unit to match host properties

This setting is set to "Always" by default. The effect is that if a VM host is not linked to any corporate unit, all VMs running on the VM host will be un-linked from any corporate unit automatically.

If you want to maintain corporate unit settings for the VM host and VMs independently, you should change this system setting to "Never".

@erwinlindemann 

Thanks for your response.

Just verified it, It is set to "Never" 

Any ghost processes in your system?

Hope you enjoy a nice vacation in South Africa? Give my regards to the local team, pls.

Hi Klaus,
Yes, I'm enjoying working here in SA and will be here for a month more. Thank you. Hope you too doing great there like always 🙂

Regarding the issue, I do not see any other imports running on the system, still service account clearing the location name to blank , after 2 hours. Not sure, what is the best way to find out which import running and what fields are being impacted ?

Hi Rajesh,

One additional idea and one more FNMS System Setting to check, please:

Under Inventory, you find a setting "Synchronize device location with site subnets".

As described in the online help, this setting is designed to help with the initial setup of locations. It might be that this is interfering with the assignment of Inventories to locations that you do using a Business Adapter.

As usual, give my best regards to your wife and daughter (and to all girl friends), please :-).

Are you by chance using the same import process name to update different cost centers on machines?
If so, are you just adding to the list or clearing the list and rerunning the business adapter?

@JeffVoss 

HI,

I'm just updating location names against devices. Host name and Location name are present in csv file.

While it running successfully , after couple of hours the value is getting 'cleared' (back to 'blank').  I'm sure there is no other imports running to update location name.

Can I get a sql query to know what all imports running on fnms and which fields are getting updated  ? 

Regards

Rajesh Ponnala