cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find InstallAnywhere XML file path

The following is from FNMS Help: 

"IA" evidence means this evidence was captured from InstallAnywhere registry file named ".com.zerog.registry.xml". On Unix based systems, this registry file will typically be found in "/var" for root user installs and in the home directory of a non-root user when the corresponding non-root user has installed an InstallAnywhere package. For Mac OS X, the registry can be found under "/Library/Preferences" and on Windows under "C:\Program Files\Zero G Registry" or under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zero G Registry". 

We have experienced a few times where we are unable to locate the path of the .com.zerog.registry.xml file. Is there a way to view the file location?

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I took a look at the details of the inventory agent, but unfortunately it appears the agent does not log or otherwise store details of the paths where any .com.zerog.registry.xml files have been found.

The only way I can think of to find these is to do a comprehensive search across the file system yourself.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks for checking. That works but does require involvement from business partners. Worse yet, we found a few instances where the file was stored as part of a Windows profile so the only person who could find the file was someone with Admin credentials. Apparently the software was installed by someone who no longer exists in our domain, so the file was hidden to other users. Ugh