cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clean up remote devices in Discovery and Inventory in Cloud setup

Hi Forum,

We are seeing thousands of devices and users(Remote) in inventory and Discovery --> Virtual Devices--> Remote devices and is there a way in managing/removing them and we are using a Cloud setup.

Appreciate your thoughts on this query 

Regards

(4) Replies
Hello @winvarma,

The automatic creation of remote devices is controlled by a flag in ComplianceSetting table, called 'AutoCreateRemoteDevices'.

If you wish to remove them, my suggestion is that you raise a support case, requesting that this flag be unset for your tenant.

This will remove all of the remote device records when the Writers are executed during your next reconciliation, and will prevent them being created in future.

HTH,
Joseph

If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!

Devices with "User (Remote)" name are created when data is import XenApp/Desktop to replicate application access to user when inventory user device does not exist within FNMS and remote device should never make into discovered devices, Only inventoried device with hardware inventory that contains IP-Address/Physical Address should be replicated as discovery devices.

Hope there is no customisation in place that may caused it, please do reach out to Flexera support to identify the cause if not known already.

Thanks

Aamer

Hi Joseph & Aamer,

Thanks for your thoughts on my query and will raise a case as suggested. Don't we have any option to disable in the FNMS web UI level for this initially when we are implementing . Just wanted to know.

Regards 

Apology if i did not make it clear, user (remote user (fabricated) should never go to discovered device.

there is no option to enable or disable as it should not make it to discovered device.