How to add Enterprise Agreement Purchases
I am not sure how to correctly add Microsoft Enterprise Agreement purchases in FlexNet Manager.
What I did:
- Added a purchase for every product in the initial Invoice ( for 1st year) of the EA
- Purchase Type = Software maintenance
- set Effextive and Expiry date for Maintenance according to the invoice
- Entitlement Status = Enabled
- Created a license and added the puchase to the license
Desired result (in the license record):
- Entitlements = Assigned entitlements from the purchase
- Upgrade rights activated until the "Expiry Date" for the maintenance, after that the licenses remain, only the upgrade rights are deactivated
- License entitlements = 0
- Purchase records were shown as expired
Are there any best practices about Microsoft Enterprise Agreement purchases/licenses?
I could not find anything specific in the documentation.
Thanks in advance!
This thread has been automatically locked due to inactivity.
To continue the discussion, please start a new thread.
In effect, when you sign a new EA Agreement, you will typically start by renewing Software Assurance for the products carried over from the prior EA. FlexNet Manager interprets a purchase of "Software Assurance Only" as a maintenance renewal and not as a true entitlement.
For example, if you were to import your purchases from your previous EA, then you would have a Software License in FNMS with valid entitlements that you could apply the new SA Renewal towards.
Basically, if you have a purchase of "SA Only", you must first have a valid Software License in FNMS with baseline entitlements that you can apply the SA Renewal towards, which would then extend the "Upgrade Until Date" of your baseline license.