cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Enterprise Agreement Purchases

Hello,

I am not sure how to correctly add Microsoft Enterprise Agreement purchases in FlexNet Manager.

What I did:

• Added a purchase for every product in the initial Invoice ( for 1st year) of the EA 
    • Purchase Type = Software maintenance
    • set Effextive and Expiry date for Maintenance according to the invoice
    • Entitlement Status = Enabled
  • Created a license and added the puchase to the license

Desired result (in the license record):

• Entitlements = Assigned entitlements from the purchase
  • Upgrade rights activated until the "Expiry Date" for the maintenance, after that the licenses remain, only the upgrade rights are deactivated

What happened:

• License entitlements = 0
  • Purchase records were shown as expired

Are there any best practices about Microsoft Enterprise Agreement purchases/licenses?

I could not find anything specific in the documentation.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Anita

(2) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Anita,

Have you checked the Microsoft Pratice Guide from the Learning Center?

Best regards,

Markward

@anitam19  - I agree with @mfranz that you should reference the Microsoft Practice Guide.

In effect, when you sign a new EA Agreement, you will typically start by renewing Software Assurance for the products carried over from the prior EA.  FlexNet Manager interprets a purchase of "Software Assurance Only" as a maintenance renewal and not as a true entitlement.

For example, if you were to import your purchases from your previous EA, then you would have a Software License in FNMS with valid entitlements that you could apply the new SA Renewal towards.

Basically, if you have a purchase of "SA Only", you must first have a valid Software License in FNMS with baseline entitlements that you can apply the SA Renewal towards, which would then extend the "Upgrade Until Date" of your baseline license.

Kirk