cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Manually Uninstall FlexNetAgent 16.1.0 deployed from sccm on windows

Hi,

Is there any instruction how to remove this software from client machine when deployed from sccm? I don't have possibility to remove it from programs or run uninstallation from msiexec. I don't have access to Software center client as it was previously uninstalled. Is there any manual which services, files, registy entries remove to perform manual uninstallation?

Tanks  for any help.

Best Regards,

Greg

(1) Solution

Access to the original MSI file is unlikely to be required: Windows Installer generally stores enough information locally on the client computer to be able to uninstall packages.

You will need to work out the MSI package ID of the specific FlexNet agent version you have installed though. To do that, search through the HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall area of your registry for the string "FlexNet inventory agent". You should find it under a registry key with a GUID name.

Then execute msiexec as follows (using your the GUID that you find instead of the example given here):

msiexec /x {B4BF17DB-2373-4599-8FE6-A41F15FBA609}

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Windows Installer packages (including the FlexNet agent) can really only be uninstalled by running msiexec.exe (or possibly by running msizap.exe and then manually deleting files and registry entries). I don't know of any other effective way to update the details of the installed software in the Windows Installer database on the client machine to get the package properly uninstalled - you can't do that by simply removing services, files and registry entries.

What is stopping you from running msiexec to uninstall the agent?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank You Chris for the reply.

My problem is that I don't have access to msi file. The installation was performed from sccm and all temporary files are already gone from temporary sccm cache folders. To make things worse sccm clent has been uninstalled in the meantime from servers and the software package cannot be removed from sccm console.

Access to the original MSI file is unlikely to be required: Windows Installer generally stores enough information locally on the client computer to be able to uninstall packages.

You will need to work out the MSI package ID of the specific FlexNet agent version you have installed though. To do that, search through the HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall area of your registry for the string "FlexNet inventory agent". You should find it under a registry key with a GUID name.

Then execute msiexec as follows (using your the GUID that you find instead of the example given here):

msiexec /x {B4BF17DB-2373-4599-8FE6-A41F15FBA609}

Thank You very much for Your help. The msiexec uninstalled the agent successfully.

Hi

Ask SCCM team to initiate uninstall from their side. When are you creating installation package , SCCM automatically detect uninstall method for MSI files.