cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I force a device record in Flexera to either absorb new information

How can I force a device record in Flexera to either absorb new information or delete so new can be created.

ie. he3qlxvddbs408 already exists in Flexera with serial number 42279d6b-4fc4… That serial number was correct back in 05/2018, but been changed in 11/2018. And then again changed

Consequent to the serial changed, I don't know what happens to the backend if the server agent continued to submit inventory reports, Flexera last inventory data in the dashboard stopped. Which then the server has been on the out-of-date inventory list.

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The answer here may depend somewhat on which agent technology you are using (FlexNet agent, SCCM agent, something else...) and how the agent treats the change. If you are using the FlexNet agent, the hostname is used as the primary identifier for the device inventory (*); a change in the serial number would not stop data being updated.

Based on what you have described, in a situation where the Last Inventory Date field is old for a device, I would be checking agent logs on that device to verify whether the agent is still running and regularly uploading data.

============

(*) The statement above about the hostname being used as a primary identifier has been historically true, but the 2019 R1.2 release changes this to use a generated unique "AgentID" value as the primary identifier - see https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/fnms/EN/features/index.html#FeatureList/2019R1-2/RN_chg_AgentUniqueID.html. However this doesn't change the comments above about serial numbers.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

In addition to what Chris mentioned, should you find an inventory not being updated correctly, other mapping mechanimsm could be involved. For example one of my customers wondered where inventories with a specific serial number went during the compliance import. In that specific case, machines were cloned and had identical ILMT Agent IDs which led to unpredictable mapping.

Long story short, you should check your ImportedComputer and ComplianceComputerConnection tables to see if the serial number came in and how it got processed.