cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Affinity collected is not replicated in UI

Hi All,

We have Vmware inventory rule to collect the inventory from VCenter. we have few vm host rules in the Vcenter, same is being collected  by the inventory rule.

However on the UI,  it is not getting replicated, Host affinity values is not showing as enabled for the corresponding vm machine. Any help on how to troubleshoot the issue would be helpful.

Thank you

Sasi

(4) Replies

Hi Forum,

facing the similar issue where ever the vm host is blank i see host affinity option checked and any thoughts on this?

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you able to post any screenshots or other information to illustrate what you see? Screenshots showing both the configuration in VCenter and what FlexNet Manager Suite shows may be helpful.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi chris, 

there are 10 Vm's running on a esxi host as per the report from vmware team. All the vm's are installed with Flexera agent but only 5vm's are showing relationship with the host where other 5 vm's show host info missing and the host affinity option enabled in the vm properties

Some thoughts I would be considering here are:

• Generally missing host details on a VM indicate that the VM has not been referenced in any virtual inventory that has been gathered, but hardware/software inventory has been gathered from the VM. You could look in the virtual inventory NDI file(s) gathered from the host to see what details are recorded in there.
  • You could check in the history of the inventory device record to see if host details have changed over time. If you see changes that may give insight into some scenarios.
  • The host affinity flag may be set based on inventory details gathered from the VM, and not require details of the host. Or maybe the VM inventory device record did have a host specified in the past and had the host affinity flag set from that.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)