cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi i need to know which processes needed by FlexNet Manager running on windows

Hi, I need to know witch FlexNet processes run on windows in order to verify that the installation is correct? Thank you

(1) Solution

Hi,

Assuming you install the standard package on windows, installing only the agent and checking the processes will not necessary result that the agent is working correctly. For example if during the installation the ports are closed to the beacon server, agent will be installed correctly but no policy will be downloaded from server, resulting in an agent that is not working.

What I do is that after installing the agent I run the ndschedag -t machine command to see if I have the policy download, if you run this command and receive an empty screen, you need to check the log files to see why the agent is not working.

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Hi Miguel,
I am not sure about processes, but you should see two services running: BatchProcessScheduler and BatchProcessor.
Also you can verify if installation was successful by going to http://localhost/Suite in web browser, this should open FNMS UI.
Jan

Some of the things to check:

Verify that the 2 Batch Processor "Services" are running

Within IIS Manager, open up the FlexNet Manager site and verify that all of the Application Pools are installed and running

Within Test Scheduler, open up the FlexNet Manager node and verify that all of the scheduled tasks for FNMS are installed and 'Ready'

Verify that the URL for FlexNet Manager comes up successfully in your browser

Hi, Thank you for your support, but my customer need to check the process that FlexNet runns on windows , i found the LINUX process but for windows, i can only find this information but i don not know if is this the correct info: "Gathering FlexNet Inventory FlexNet Manager Suite 2019 R1" page 19 Thank you

After the FlexNet Inventory Agent is installed on Windows, you will see two Services being created.  For the first server, the name of the server will contain the version number of the installed agent.

Flexera Inventory Manager managed device vxx.xx.xxxxx

Flexera Inventory Manager security service

Hi,

Assuming you install the standard package on windows, installing only the agent and checking the processes will not necessary result that the agent is working correctly. For example if during the installation the ports are closed to the beacon server, agent will be installed correctly but no policy will be downloaded from server, resulting in an agent that is not working.

What I do is that after installing the agent I run the ndschedag -t machine command to see if I have the policy download, if you run this command and receive an empty screen, you need to check the log files to see why the agent is not working.

This is the information i found