cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS support for target

In Gathering Inventory (on-premises 2021R1), it is said that adopted and agent 3rd deployment support HTTPS for UNIX targets. But only agent 3rd deployment has guidance to do that.

What about adopted? Does it support HTTPS for UNIX targets? And how can I configure that?

Thank you for your support.

(1) Solution
Yes. To be precise: if you want to download/copy the agent installation files from the beacon (or anywhere else) to a computer running a UNIX-like operating system using any protocol apart from HTTP then you can't use the agent adoption process that the beacon can initiate. You would have to use some other tooling for doing that, such as a 3rd party software deployment tool.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
rmiller1
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi Anhpham1652,

Please refer to the following documentation:

https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/GatherFNInv/index.html#SysRef/FlexNetInventoryAgent/topics/FA3-EnablingHTTPS.html

Thanks and regards,

R.Miller

Hi @rmiller1 

Thanks for your reply.

I've followed the link for Agent third-party deployment. But the problem is about Adopted for UNIX target, it cannot communicate with beacon through HTTPS although the cert is imported. 

And is there anyway to deploy the cert of beacon to targets (both Windows and UNIX) automatically?

Are you talking here about the adoption procedure whereby a beacon connects to a target device running a UNIX-like operating system using ssh, and then remotely runs a process that downloads then installs the agent components?

That particular process is unable to using HTTPS to download the agent components to be installed - only HTTP can be used. The libraries that would be required in the adoption component to implement HTTPS across all supported platforms are very large, and so are not included/supported in that component.

If you want to deliver the files required to install the agent to devices over HTTPS then you would have to use some other software deployment mechanism that supports HTTPS on the particular operating system(s) that you're working with.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello @ChrisG 

So in a nutshell, if I want UNIX target communicate with Beacon via 443, I have to use Agent third-party deployment, don't I?

Yes. To be precise: if you want to download/copy the agent installation files from the beacon (or anywhere else) to a computer running a UNIX-like operating system using any protocol apart from HTTP then you can't use the agent adoption process that the beacon can initiate. You would have to use some other tooling for doing that, such as a 3rd party software deployment tool.