cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP 401 error from Beacon to App Server

We started getting a HTTP401 error from one of the Beacons to the App Server. We have other beacons that are not doing this and this particular beacon was working fine for months before this started happening. Any ideas?

Thank you

(5) Replies

Hi,

A http 401 error is essentially an unauthorized error suggesting the account the beacon is presenting itself is disallowed by the FNMS server.  Is it possible that the credentials configured for your beacon to use for uploads/downloads has become invalid (password expired for example)?

If you are using FNMS cloud too it might be that someone has inadvertently clicked on the button to download a configuration for the beacon without then importing it into the beacon ui.  Every time you press that button it  generates new settings making the old configuration invalid.

regards,
Murray

We use the same account for the other two Beacons in that region and not getting the same HTTP error from the others so not sure if that would be the case or not and this is FNMS on Prem. Thank you

Has the child beacon been configured to use Basic Authentication?  In the beacon UI, under the Parent Connection settings, can you see any difference on that beacon compared with the working beacons?

For On-Premises, those are where I'd start.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

I compared the Beacon that is getting the error against others that are not getting the error but all appears the same between them.

Hi @rclark0 ,

Please verify the Beacon engine logs and the inventory beacon logs and you might get some idea. Please verify the IIS logs as well and check if there were any issues with the IIS settings as well. 

Regards,