Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Re: Global amount missing in Contract View

Jump to solution

The FNMS Web UI will default the currency code to your current System Setting, but the Business Adapter does not.

In your Business Adapter, when you import into the Global Amount for a Contract, try to hard-code the "Global Amount Current Rate ID" field to a fixed value of 1.  This is the equivalent of assigning the value to your "default" currency code.

Highlighted
Frequent contributor

Jump to solution

Okay, so I changed the Global Amount Currency Rate ID to a fixed value of 1, ran the adapter and get the following error:

Import failed. Error: The UPDATE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_Contract_TotalValueRateID". The conflict occurred in database "FNMP4", table "dbo.CurrencyRate_MT".
The statement has been terminated.

Our FNMS instance is in the cloud.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Jump to solution

To add currency using a business adapter you add a 'Currency' and 'Currency Rate' node to the adapter. This is done by right clicking then selecting 'Add New item\Miscellaneous\Currency' and 'Add New item\Miscellaneous\Currency Rate'

In 'Currency' you could add 'USD' and the adapter will return the 'Currency Id'.

The 'Currency Rate' node will look up the 'Currency Rate ID' based on what the 'currency node provides.

Finally, Associate the currency rate to the child objects.

Example:

Currency.png

Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution

Erick, I just tested the solution recommended by mgunnels in FNMS Cloud and it seems to work great.

Highlighted
Frequent contributor

Jump to solution
Yes, I just tested it, too, and it works. Thanks!
Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.