cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error while trying to edit a Report

Hi all,

When I try to edit a custom report(tried both public and Private) in Flenet Manager Suite reports, I am getting the following error code :

Error ID: 887ca4f8-d27e-40da-aee2-6c03a54d8e45

And the following text message:

We have a problem. Unexpected error

Sorry, but something unpleasant has happened. Please let us know what you were trying to do so that we can fix the problem. We suggest starting again from the dashboard, or trying again later.

Can someone guide me on why this is happening and what is the solution to be able to edit an existing report?

Thank you

Pramod

(1) Solution

@pramodpanda

It looks like you are getting a Red Bar error in your FNMS WebUI. If you would like assistance troubleshooting this error you can open a support case by providing the WebUI log and a new error ID. You can find the steps to generate this log in the attached knowledge base article. 

How to Troubleshoot WebUI Red Bar Errors using the WebUI.log
https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Troubleshoot-WebUI-Red-Bar-Errors-using-the-WebUI-log/ta-p/2091

If you are using the FNMS Cloud, then please just submit the support case with the error code and where in the FNMS UI you encounter this error. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Pramod,

Was the report created in the Reports portal or is it a custom report, meaning it is based on SQL?

In some FNMS releases you will see the "Edit" button, although the import was created form custom SQL and cannot be edited in the web interface.

Best regards,

Markward

It was created in the Reports portal.

In fact I created it myself, but once saved, it is not allowing me to make any edits.

Hi,

What solution do you use, cloud or on prem?

If on prem, you can find the error in your application server:

%programdata% \flexera software\compliance\logging\webui

There you should see more about your error.

On-Prem. Not sure where to find this path.

Is this a common error?

Hi,

You need to log with RDP to your application server. Open the path to the log file, and there you will have all the logs related to webui, open the one from the day when you encounter this error, and search for the error id 

And there you should find more information why the application is generating this error.

Here is the error message:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

What does it indicate? how can I get this sorted?

@pramodpanda

It looks like you are getting a Red Bar error in your FNMS WebUI. If you would like assistance troubleshooting this error you can open a support case by providing the WebUI log and a new error ID. You can find the steps to generate this log in the attached knowledge base article. 

How to Troubleshoot WebUI Red Bar Errors using the WebUI.log
https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Troubleshoot-WebUI-Red-Bar-Errors-using-the-WebUI-log/ta-p/2091

If you are using the FNMS Cloud, then please just submit the support case with the error code and where in the FNMS UI you encounter this error. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thank you, I have raised a ticket with Flexera to have this resolved.