cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Generate Report for all Applications Installed on all Servers .. .. Approx. 35,000 Servers

Hi Everyone, an unusual request has come our way .. someone in our organization has asked if we can generate a report that captures all installed applications on all of our server inventory. I know this would be massive and my initial answer would be  .. I don't think so. The amount of data would be huge to say the least and I don't think a csv / xl file format could accommodate it, even if it was possible.

I am no expert by a long shot when it comes to creating reports within the tool but I did try a few this morning but do not see how it is possible.

Just wanted to touch base with the "experts" out there in case it is possible, to make it more challenging, we use the Cloud environment so we do not have access to the back end database etc.

Thanks in Advance

Bruce

(1) Solution

Hi Bruce.

If you start with the installations object you can link to assets (recall servers are an asset type not an inventory device type), and thus report all applications installed on all servers.

Depending on your estate size, you will get a large result set - so you may need to filter by commercial applications, and perhaps even by vendor to separate your result sets.

This is tedious yes, but I find putting the major vendors in separate reports is a worthwhile exercise.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi Bruce.

If you start with the installations object you can link to assets (recall servers are an asset type not an inventory device type), and thus report all applications installed on all servers.

Depending on your estate size, you will get a large result set - so you may need to filter by commercial applications, and perhaps even by vendor to separate your result sets.

This is tedious yes, but I find putting the major vendors in separate reports is a worthwhile exercise.

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Bruce,

If it's a one time request, you might just open a support case and ask them to retrieve the data for your tenant. I guess, this would be the fastest way and would create the least amount of stress to the FNMS cloud environment.

Best regards,

Markward

Thanks for the suggestions ...