cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexnet Beacon Upgrade time?

We upgraded from 2018 R1 to 2019 R2, how long will it take the beacons to upgrade to the new version if the configurations are setup to do so? Thank you

(1) Solution

if auto upgrade is turned on, after upgrading FNMS Server to 2019 R2,  it should not take long time (half an hour to an hour i would say after the upgrade is done), By default beacon policy download happens every 15 minutes, that kick off the upgrade beacon package download (depending on the network speed, it may take from couple minutes to few), as soon as beacon policy and package is available on to beacon it will kick of the upgrade (It wait for any beacon running process (e.g. compliance reader) to finish before starting the upgrade.

HTH
Aamer

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

if auto upgrade is turned on, after upgrading FNMS Server to 2019 R2,  it should not take long time (half an hour to an hour i would say after the upgrade is done), By default beacon policy download happens every 15 minutes, that kick off the upgrade beacon package download (depending on the network speed, it may take from couple minutes to few), as soon as beacon policy and package is available on to beacon it will kick of the upgrade (It wait for any beacon running process (e.g. compliance reader) to finish before starting the upgrade.

HTH
Aamer

Hi,

For auto up-gradation of beacon from beacon configuration of FNMS, Does it necessary to do anything except setting the 'Upgrade Mode' to 'Always use the latest version' ?

I am upgrading the FNMS to 2019 R2 version and want to upgrade the beacon from FNMS Web App.

Thank you.

Hi @aditikumarrout ,

As per my knowledge that is the only option required to auto upgrade the Beacon and no other efforts required.

We may have to make sure that the Beacon suite is closed when the FNMS is upgraded to the Latest version in Cloud setup so that the Beacon upgrade also happens with out any errors. Else Beacon upgrade will not happen if it remain opens when the upgrade is triggered.

Hope this helps.

regards

There are 2 places that this is set

1) Discovery & inventory> Settings> Beacon settings

2)  Discovery & inventory>  beacons> edit beacon (Pencil symbol) > overview

If 2 is pointed to Always use the latest version then it will do it regardless of what 1 is set to. If 2 is set to always use the approved version, this is reliant on point 1. If it is set to anything else in point 2 then you will need to address this to use either use approved or latest version 

Thanks 

Matt 

If you find my answer useful please give kudos, if my answer solves your issue, please make sure to mark as solution