cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera beacon unattended install

Greetings

I'm trying to perform an unattended install of a flexera Beacon server and according to the documentation I should be calling a beaconinstall.ps1 file and passing in a config file. I am unable to locate the referenced powershell file.

any assistance in appreciated

(1) Solution

Thanks for the link to the online help page. The script it refers to is InstallBeacon.ps1, not BeaconInstall.ps1 (which is why I couldn't find it!)

After a little digging, it appears that script is included in the download files for FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises, but is not published anywhere for organizations using FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud. The script is fairly simple to describe though for you to automate the corresponding steps. It will:

1. Execute the Beacon installer exe using a command line like my earlier post. The script takes parameter values from an answer file you provide, whereas my earlier post just showed sample parameter values directly on the command line.

2. Execute:
    <BeaconInstallDir>\DotNet\bin\SetupBeacon.exe <path\configFile>

where "<path\configFile>" is the full path to the config file that is discussed on the Unattended Installation of Inventory Beacons page.

And yes - the beacon install exe will have a name like "BeaconInstaller15.0.0.30.exe" (where the numbers will vary based on the specific beacon version you're working with).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Hi @seanarcher ,

beaconinstall.ps1 should be in your install package, under support folder.

If you don't have the install package, please download it from flexera

Are you referring to the Beacon install exe?

BeaconInstaller15.0.0.30.exe

Thanks for the link to the online help page. The script it refers to is InstallBeacon.ps1, not BeaconInstall.ps1 (which is why I couldn't find it!)

After a little digging, it appears that script is included in the download files for FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises, but is not published anywhere for organizations using FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud. The script is fairly simple to describe though for you to automate the corresponding steps. It will:

1. Execute the Beacon installer exe using a command line like my earlier post. The script takes parameter values from an answer file you provide, whereas my earlier post just showed sample parameter values directly on the command line.

2. Execute:
    <BeaconInstallDir>\DotNet\bin\SetupBeacon.exe <path\configFile>

where "<path\configFile>" is the full path to the config file that is discussed on the Unattended Installation of Inventory Beacons page.

And yes - the beacon install exe will have a name like "BeaconInstaller15.0.0.30.exe" (where the numbers will vary based on the specific beacon version you're working with).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

What documentation have you seen this file referenced in?

I don’t recall coming across a “beaconinstall.ps1” script that is part of the FlexNet Manager Suite product before. I do recognise this as the name of a script that some consultants from Flexera and Flexera partners may have used in the past - but it is just one file in an extensive toolkit they use, and not useful on its own.

Here are some sample command lines to do an unattended install of the beacon.

Installing a standalone beacon:

BeaconInstaller<Version>.exe /s /v"/qb- ALLUSERS=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL REBOOT=ReallySuppress FNMPWEBUIURL=https://<your-fnms-web-server>/Suite SCHEDUSERNAMEMODE=OTHER SCHEDUSERNAME=<domain>\<beacon-service-account> SCHEDPASSWORD=<password> /l*v BeaconInstall.log"

Installing the beacon components on the batch server:

BeaconInstaller<Version>.exe /s /v"/qb- ALLUSERS=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL REBOOT=ReallySuppress FNMPWEBUIURL=https://<your-fnms-web-server>/Suite CONFIGURESCHEDS=FALSE /l*v BeaconInstall.log"

11.g of this article 

Beacon unattended