cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera Mac Agent - 64 Bit Version Availability?

When installing the Flexera agent on MacOS X we are getting a popup message regarding a future lack of support of 32bit apps. It references the following link. https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT208436 Is there a 64bit version of the Flexera agent avaiable? Cheers Greg
(5) Replies
bmaudlin
By Level 9 Champion
Level 9 Champion
Hey, I have also asked this question regarding macOS, and the 64bit version of the macOS Flexera agent is due to be released before the new macOS is released which will make any 32bit application inoperable. There was no confirmed timescale at the time. So anyone currently on Mojave will face that annoying pop up at this time.
Hi @bmaudlin I assume this article addressed your point: https://www.macrumors.com/2019/06/24/apple-releases-macos-catalina-public-beta-1/ It seems v10.15 will drop 32bit support based on this article Cheers
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

@Kevin_Hou @vijay_menon  thanks for the update.

Good to know that there should be a Mac agent available before the release of 10.15, as that was my concern as it is widely known that Catalina drops support for 32bit applications

For an update on this topic, see the following newer thread: 64 Bit Agent for MacOS

@AamerSharif has noted there:

Mac OSX 64bit support will be part of FNMS 2019 R2 FlexNet Inventory agent, Based on current plan, release is planned to be released in first week of November (subject to change).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Yes, we'd taken note of the nagging pop-up issue and decided to address it. We're working on making a 64-bit version of the agent available before the end of the year (roughly around mid-September). Cheers, Vijay