cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera Inventory Agent - change beacon on Unix

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the beacon that the inventory agent is uploading to on Unix for multiple devices without re-installing the agent?

Thanks

(7) Replies

Hi, you can edit the config file,  

you can look for the below strings, you will see

[ManageSoft\Common\DownloadSettings\Bootstrap Server 1]

[ManageSoft\Common\UploadSettings\Bootstrap Server 1]

image.png

Hi,

You can make changes in config.ini file located at - /var/opt/managesoft/etc

Provide the new beacon host name, protocol and ports accordingly to below setting in config.ini.[ManageSoft\Common\DownloadSettings\Bootstrap Server 1]
[ManageSoft\Common\UploadSettings\Bootstrap Server 1]

Thanks,
Sushanty

Hi all,

How would you do the same for a Windows environment?

Thanks

If you're on 2019 R2 or on the cloud then you can now restrict the beacon the agent reports to in the UI using Inventory Groups - https://flexera-maintest.flexnetmanager.com/Suite/Help/webhelp/index.html#tasks/InvSet-InventoryGroupSettings.html

This requires that the policy download is working, if not, then yes you need to manually update it in config.ini on non-windows or the registry on Windows.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

Thanks, 2019 R1 On-Premises is deployed and therefore I'll update the Registry.

Please confirm that everything is documented here, Under "Using a Single Inventory Beacon".

Hi @thibaudg 

Yes, for 2019 R1 that documentation is the only current option until you can upgrade.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.