cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera FNMS On-Prem to Cloud Solution - Scope, Efforts and Reliability

Hi Team,

I am currently working on Flexera FNMS 2018 R1 On-Prem and looking for options to move to the cloud based solutions for FNMS.

I am here to know, what are the key benefits, what are the efforts and how much it is reliable and secure to go for the cloud based services by Flexera.
Currently my infrastructure is on 1 App, 1 Beacon and 1 Database server.

Thanks,
Sushant

(3) Replies

Hi @sushantnarula94 

The first advantage immediately pops up is that  FNMS Cloud solution does the monthly upgrade , so you will always have the up to date feature and hotfix automatically

Cheers

Kev

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Sushant,

Also you'll not have to do the migrations yourself or have externals do it for you. Downside is clearly less flexibility in customization. Some considerations:

• No Windows Authentication
  • Limitations in custom reporting - no Stored Procedures
  • Limitations in custom fields - I have heard you can ask Flexera support to register custom fields for you, but I am not completely sure
  • Limitations in business imports - you cannot access the databases
  • Therefore limitations in "housekeeping" tasks - you cannot easily remove data in an automated fashion

Best regards,

Markward

We moved from an old (9.2) on-prem solution to the cloud about two years ago. We exported from the old version and imported to the new. Since you already have a newer version I would think it wouldn't be too bad. There should be connectors available to pull data from your on-prem system to the cloud. Since our system was so old it took quite a bit of work. 

1. We love the fact that we don't have to worry about upgrades.
  2. We use SAML, so we don't have to log on manually, we have it set up in our MyApps.Microsoft.com site which uses Windows Authentication.
  3. We have also been told that we can have up to 10 custom fields created. We have not had any created so I'm not sure how successful those are.
  4. We don't have to worry about infrastructure, but that can be a two-edged sword. Recently there were issues with the Cloud that caused our nightly imports and reconciliations to take anywhere from two to eighteen hours. They have been working on this and think they have the issues resolved. Over the past week the average is 4:33 (not counting today, since it is still running). 

Let me know if you have specific questions.

Erick

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.