cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera Contract Keeps Changing from Active to Archived

Our Contract for Flexera End User License Agreement and Flexera Master Software License and Services Agreement it keeps changing from Active to Archived.   I am not sure how to change it back to Active any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Affect: We have opened licenses for Flexera but it states the contract is expired. 

I checked and there is no expiry date on the contract but I figured because we had a license that did expire somehow it has linked to the contract win FNMS Procuement-> Contracts -> All Contracts

(1) Solution

Hi @shill2 

Is it possible that you have accidentally deleted the assigned vendor from the "Vendors" section? If so, and the following option is activated, this could be a reason.

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2019R2/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/System_Settings-Contracts_Tab.html

The Contracts tab on the System Settings page enables you to specify global settings for contracts. The page has the following setting:
Archive contracts when a vendor is deleted

This setting enables FlexNet Manager Suite to archive all the related contracts when a vendor is deleted. FlexNet Manager Suite changes the status of all such contracts to Archived.

Best, Dennis

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I can't immediately think of any automation built in to FlexNet Manager Suite which would change the status like this, but I may be missing something. Could you have a business adapter which is updating contract status?

One thing to look at may be the history on the contract record. I expect the history will show the time and account used to change the status, which may give some hint about what is trigger the change.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @shill2 

Is it possible that you have accidentally deleted the assigned vendor from the "Vendors" section? If so, and the following option is activated, this could be a reason.

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2019R2/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/System_Settings-Contracts_Tab.html

The Contracts tab on the System Settings page enables you to specify global settings for contracts. The page has the following setting:
Archive contracts when a vendor is deleted

This setting enables FlexNet Manager Suite to archive all the related contracts when a vendor is deleted. FlexNet Manager Suite changes the status of all such contracts to Archived.

Best, Dennis

I am not sure but I will review. Thank you for the response.