cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera Agent Inventory merge with Tanium Inventory

We currently have the Tanium connector configured to bring in inventory data. If we add in, or transition to, the Flexera Agent will the inventory merge if it is the same device or will it create a new device?

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Computer records from multiple inventory sources (in your case, Tanium and the FlexNet agent) will be merged as long as both sources report the same values for relevant properties that the import process uses for matching.

Data shown in the Discovery & Inventory > Inventory Device Matching view can help with understanding how computer records from inventory sources have been matched and mapped to imported inventory device records.

To drill down in to the actual rules (heuristics) which are used to match computer records across multiple sources, take a look at the following page: Identifying Related Inventory

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)