cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet User (Account) Information

Hello all of you geniuses out there!

Here is one for you all...

Without going into the backend (into the server(s)) of FlexNet, is there a way to see if a specific account (FNMS user) has been using FNMS and associated actions that individual did in FNMS.

If there's isn't anything on the frontend to look at this account information. What are the procedures/processes for doing it from the server(s) (backend)?

Thanks,
Jim

@ngiuffre FYI

(1) Solution
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Jim,

There's no central report on user actions in the FNMS frontend. You could manually check all object's history, but who would do that?

In the backend (database), you could check the "ComplianceHistory_MT" table. The column "UserName" tells you, who did the change. Beware, this table is huge and any reports on it are likely to be slow.

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Jim,

There's no central report on user actions in the FNMS frontend. You could manually check all object's history, but who would do that?

In the backend (database), you could check the "ComplianceHistory_MT" table. The column "UserName" tells you, who did the change. Beware, this table is huge and any reports on it are likely to be slow.

Best regards,

Markward

Markward,

Thanks for the information! 

Now, my thought is to submit an idea to have the capability on the front-end of seeing (& exporting) a "history" (logins and things done in FNMS) for an account (FNMS User). I'm sure that some of the information would be extrapolated form this  "ComplianceHistory_MT" table.

My customer is wanting an easier way then going through the History tab of everything to see if a specific account (FNMS user) has been in the tool and what they have been doing.

Yeah, I had question marks bounce all over in my head too!

Thanks!
-Jim

One more thing: The "ComplianceHistory_MT" table won't show logins, but the IIS logs might (default path: C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1). So if you're looking for platform activity, the IIS logs might actually be more helpful.

If you post an idea on that, please link it here.